DESCRIPTION: Hospital Puerta de Hierro (Majadahonda) forms a tertiary care University facility. The department of Nephrology performs all renal replacement therapeutically techniques. The transplant program includes, all deceased donation types, ABO incompatible and desensitization programs, etc.
We perform renal ultrasound and kidney biopsies. The staff comprises 7 nephrologists, fellows in training, and a number of renal nurses and study coordinators. Our research activities are intense and perform randomized clinical trials from Phase I to III, and a number of other research basic, translational and clinical studies and projects. Currently integrated in an inter-hospitals collaboration network. Both care level (Madridtransplantation) and research and development (RED-In-REN of isc iii Coordinator log-GCDP peritoneal dialysis, Technical Committee of the Madrid REMER renal patient registry). Research aims to consolidate structured and funded projects (inclusion promotion of renal transplant donors in asystole, Type 3 Maastricht). Reference hospital of 4 external Hemodialysis centers.
They count on the following equipment, to make it available for the TRANSBIO project:
- Transplant coordination Unit
- Biobank (PBMC extraction, storage of frozen samples, patients consent management)
- Cytometry service Unit, Characterization of lymphocytes subpopulations.
- Surgical research, Transplant and health technologies Unit
- Immunology and Genetics Unit (HLA phenotyping and anti-donor HLA Ab tritation)
- Clinical Laboratory Analysis.